Wednesday, August 17, 2011

WYD in 17103 Part 9 - Takin' It Easy (by choice)


Woke up this morning to an ample amount of sunshine peeking through my curtains. This was even before my alarm sounded. Feeling somewhat refreshed after along day yesterday, I thought I'd ease into Wednesday instead of going full throttle as I have been doing. Gonna back it down a little and try not to do to much or better yet try to make myself believe that it doesn't all have to be done right away.

My birds have been missing now for several days. Probably has something to do with the fact that the birdseed I bought on Monday is locked securely in the trunk of my mothers automobile which is locked securely in the garage at her house. My first victory of the day was that instead of feeling that I had to go get it immediately, I planned to get it as time allowed. It's still there as I write this. Victory!

I also decided I would take time to prepare a breakfast for Seth and me. Pancakes for Seth. Eggs for me. But wait, there is no pancake mix. Instead of running to the store to get some and changed the menu to waffles for Seth. As I was cracking my eggs the phone rings. It was 9 o'clock and Aunt Maria was calling to say the lawn mower repair man was there and was I coming over? Panic was squashed as I decided to beat, fry and eat my eggs. If I missed him I missed him. As it turns out the mower was OK, Grandpop got to have a nice visit with someone his age and I claimed the second victory of the day. As I was leaving Grandpop told me the vacuum I fixed several weeks ago was no longer working. No panic. I just determinedly got off the swing strode to the basement and fixed yet another sweeper malady again.

Upon arriving at home I proceeded to mill the next batch of tomato sauce. Then I began to cook it down yet some more. I wrote some checks and prepared two text books for shipping that I sold on Half.com. The urge was to take them directly to the Post Office but I delivered on my self-imposed promise of backing it down and laid them aside.

Seth had a friend over for a visit and I had another BLT sandwich minus the hot peppers. Used the last ones last sandwich and I didn't feel like going to look for more so I didn't. Victory Number Three!

Aaron then stopped in and we bought as many books as we could on-line for the coming semester. Saved hundred of dollars. Also save another $39.90 when I applied Amazon.com bonus points to our purchases. Victory #4.

Seth and I ten mowed the lawn and worked up a rolling sweat in doing so. Came in and just relaxed until the magic 5 o'clock hour. No we did not go to Margaritaville, we went to walk the dog we are tending this week. The plan was to walk Duke and go to Taco Bell. However I forgot my wallet and until I got home to get it we would have been cutting it close getting Seth to band. On another day I would have tried it, Not Today however. I have a new attitude. Twenty piece McNuggets for me, Seth and the marching band. Seth said he'd be mobbed when he got there and was savoring that thought as much as I was savoring victory Number 5.

By the way while I was out I went to the Post Office and mailed my books and stopped at the grocery store for milk (it was free, had a coupon for a free gallon) and bread. Guess I failed to mention that the BLT I had at lunch was made between the two end crusts of the loaf of bread we no longer had. I usually give those to the birds but not today. Instead of going for a new loaf of bread I ate the crusts. Bad day for the birds so far. good day for me as I celebrate victories Numbers 6 (Postal trip) and 7 (bread trip).

The Phillies were just beginning today's game when I sat down to watch them. Switched back and forth between them and My CSI DVD until I involuntarily decided to switch back and forth between being consciences and unconsciousness. Luckily I reenter the world of the living at 8:45. After clearing the cobwebs I went and sat along Market Street wait for Seth's call to pick him up. The call came during the 8th inning which also happened to be 9:30. I didn't have to run to get him when he called because I decided to relax and be there when he was finished. One can do this when the game is on the radio and when one has decided to back it down. Victory #8.

I have more to say now like what we did when we came home and how much I enjoyed my call from Ann this evening and how my trip to see the Phillies tomorrow has literally gone to the dogs and how the swimming apparel from yesterday is dry but still hanging in the basement but I am choosing to end it all here, claim Victory Number 9 for the day and go to bed. - DD

No comments:

Post a Comment