Sunday, August 14, 2011

WYD in 17103 Part 6 - Phones, Tacos and Missing U.


The new phones are in and there is a problem. I don't know if they are working properly. I cannot determine if caller-id works. I don't know if the missed call feature works. Call waiting? Who knows? The problem is that since 4 pm ESDST on Wednesday 8/10/2011, no one has called. Years ago I stopped answering the phone because it is never for me unless it's a salesman, a political question or the PSU alumni society try to get me to part with some of my green backs. I don't even know what the new ring tone is or if I even have one. Hopefully it will be different than what my smoke alarm sounds like in case I get a wrong number from some drunk calling for a cab at 2:05 a.m. I don't want to hop out of bed, stop, drop and roll then crawl to the door unnecessarily just because someone had too many Colt .45s. Earlier today I asked Seth how he liked the new phone. He answered, "Don't know. No one has called."

Monumental first today. Grandpops house hosted it's first international Sunday lunch that wasn't Italian. I got up went to the store to get a roast beast, of which there were none, and ended up with freshly ground, buck-ninety-nine a pound ground chuck. My mind snapped. Tacos! Yes, I made two pounds of tacos for lunch. Hard shells? Got'em. Soft ones? In the bag. Onions, tomatoes, sour cream, hot sauce, refried beans. Here, here, here, here and HERE! Grandpop just smiled and ate the crab cakes I got him as all the hungry mouths devoured every last bite. I even caught Grandpop eating a fork full of the taco meat out of the pot. He said he like it and asked me if it was spicy. Didn't know where to go with that one so I said it was taco seasoned.

This afternoon Seth and I watched the Harrisburg RBI baseball team play for the national championship on MLB-TV from Minneapolis, MN. We are friend with some of the players and I even coached a few of them in the past. They lost but we were no less proud of them for having made it that far.

Uncle tom stopped by to watch the end of the game with us. The we walked the dog and went to Grandma Delp's. After we returned home I finished cleaning up the sauce making then tried to watch CSI through my closed eyelids. Ann posted on Facebook that she was in Burgos, France, which is where she is supposed to be, so I know all is well. Tomorrow, which is now today for them, they go to Madrid where the traveling stops until they depart for home.

Missing you all. Hope you have a special meaningful time but wishing it goes quickly. - DD

No comments:

Post a Comment