Friday, August 12, 2011

WYD 2011 in 17103 - Part 3 "Do Nothing Day"


Woke up late this morning after a night of fitful sleep. Immediately checked the flight tracker and saw that BAW flight 28 had safely landed in London and that BAW flight 374 to Toulouse was soon to depart. Did the wii, ate breakfast and got Seth up. My do nothing day will consist of submitting pictures for prints, filling the bird feeders, reading the sports and going to get said prints.

Left just before 11 A.M. for Sams. Got the prints and remembered Grandma Delp needed a new phone chord. Ding, ding. That's not the phone but the LOW-Fuel-Level indicator in our Equinox. So It's over to the gas pumps for a quick refresher. Now on the Mifflin Avenue to deliver one chord and several WYD pictures. Lawn needs mowed. Counter light isn't working. Started to look at the light but got sidetracked by something and it was completely gone.

Let Mifflin for Feeser. Delivered pictures at Feeser and was told that the sink I fixed last week was now unfixed and a plumber was to be called. I nixed that idea as I said I'd revisit my non-guaranteed work from last week. Like the light I completely forgot about the sink as Grandpop had Seth and me take him to the bank. We not only went to one bank but to two. Mission accomplished. Stopped at Giant for TP, garlic, milk, etc. Delivered Grandpop back home and returned to Boas. Picked tomatoes, made sauce, called Aaron, pattied burgers, cut pork roll, fired up the grill, ate supper and began the clean-up when I decided to mow two front lawns, one full lawn, look at a light I forgot earlier and return to do sink warranty work.

Then a giant wrench was thrown into the works. The kitchen sink refused to let water drain away. So I tore everything apart, cupboard, plumbing, you name it, I tore it up. I buried two snakes down the drain and fixed the problem. I washed the dishes and set off to accomplish my planned after supper missions with only about 95-minutes of day light. Without Seth it couldn't have been done. He performed like a champ. Mission accomplished.

We returned home and I put the cupboard back together while Seth showered. I then tried to do several rouge dishes and ... the sink backed up again. Ugh! That's going to wait until tomorrow.

This may seem hectic and somewhat busy but a call from Lourdes, France from my Ann made the entire day one of joy. All is well there and all are enjoying the pilgrimage. If they are happy I am happy. As I go to bed now I know that tomorrow I face a clogged sink, a day at Hershey Park (please read my past blog on Hershey Park, another day without my love and what ever else life decides to throw at me. Bring it on! - DD

No comments:

Post a Comment