Sunday, August 14, 2011

WYD in 17103 - Part 5 - Single Parenting 101 or Why God's plan for a one-man one-woman union is perfect.


Not a deck. Nor a new bedroom. It's a new phone system! With the new outlet in the kitchen I am now able to get rid of the crank-phone and the party line. I now have a base unit, sounds Star War-ish doesn't it, a "base unit" and two, count them two satellite cordless phones. Again the satellite reference wreaks of Star Wars.

Today was also Day One of "Walk the Dog Week". Not to be confused with The Food Channel's "Wok the Dog Week". Seth and I have to walk a friends dog while they are on vacation. Not a tough job since the dog to be walked is the last surviving mammal from Noah's Ark. He's old, really old. However he still needs to exercise, poop and pee at least twice a day. So there's where we come in.

Today was also paint the bleachers day at Bishop McDevitt High School. Being a member of the marching band and being in good status, Seth wanted to participate. Little did I know that what they need him for was to be a 'paint roller'. No, not one to roll the paint onto the bleachers, but rather one to be dipped in paint and then rolled on the bleachers. When I went to pick him up he was covered from head to toe in blue paint. He said it was dry but I made him turn his shirt inside out before getting into my vehicle. Band! Teenagers!

Today was also mill yesterdays tomato sauce, pick today's tomatoes, start today's sauce, finish the wiring job from last evening, set up the new phones, answer the new phone that is ringing! Hey, wait, it's my Ann calling from Lourdes, France.

All is well there. Drinking water is some what of a challenge for the group. To solve that problem they found that they could drink the water from the Lourdes Grotto spring. It's spring water, holy, pure and potable. Also it is tied to many miracles of healing. I'm guessing Ann will return home showing no signs of grey hair.

Today was also go to the store for Grandma Delp, fix her light and get her masking tape. Grandpop wasn't left out of the mix as it was take him to church, let him watch Seth walk the dog and go out to eat supper day.

Then it was home again to watch the Phillies beat the Nationals, boil my sauce and sit on my recliner. Didn't get to shred and freeze the zucchini but will do that tomorrow, I promise.

All these things are done routinely around here but normally there are two people handling the responsibilities. I am gaining a greater insight and a greater respect for single parents. God's plan to join two people to share family responsibilities is right on! Never meditated on that fact but now that I think of it, would it be anything less than perfect.

Oh, I forgot to mention, I got 30-gallons of free gas today. Thank you Giant Markets. That's the fifth time this calendar year I've been able to do that. Take that OPC! Take that Obama! Take that Congress! We can and will defeat you all.

By the way, the picture of Seth above has nothing to do with this blog. It was just a good shot from yesterday and thought I'd share it. - DD

No comments:

Post a Comment