Thursday, August 18, 2011

WYD in 17103 - Part 10 - Tempus Fugit!

I'm supposed to be in Philadelphia at a Phillie's game right now but I'm not. The replacement for our dog watching duties is at the Phillie's game and the replacement's replacement is in western Pennsylvania. So two different people benefited from this snafu. First my son Mark got to go in my place. Second, Duke had the privilege of having me take him for his walk. I actually picked up after him which is an amazing feat. Each time I had to stoop to pick up, I just imagined I was gathering Spanish doubloons in the white sands of Bermuda. Additionally it's nice to see my boys all get together and enjoy the company of each other at a ball game.

The game just went to a delay because of sever thunder storms in Philadelphia. Possibly 3 inches of rain per hour. Stay dry guys.

Got grandpop's drivers license renewed today. Everything went smoothly for us. He was as happy as a pig in mud. His license is good for four years. He said he'll be 94-years old when we have to do this again. That's the 'tude, dude!

Seth went to McDevitt orientation today. Came home with a detention. What a start to high school. He was supposed to be done at 11:15. I was running late coming home from PennDOT and when I hadn't heard from him by 11:30 and since he wasn't waiting for me at home I called him. His phone rang in one of their late running activities and he got a detention. They were just toying with him and Seth laughed about it.

Picked up a very substantial yard clean-up from a former client this afternoon. Spent 3-hours there this afternoon and only scratched the surface. I'll have plenty to do on this for several days.

The hours between now and Monday evening are still many but are dwindling rapidly. I can tell that all are having a great time but like the cool evenings, painted skys, and shorter days of September that whispers that autumn is on it's way, I can tell they are all looking forward to the return trip home.

My prayer is to have them return safely from Europe, the Phillie's fans return home safely from the ballgame and to be here myself to take Grandpop for his next drivers license picture. - DD

No comments:

Post a Comment