Thursday, August 13, 2009

I Know He Knows

One thing I have discovered through out the years is that God will teach you His ways, He will show you His heart. He will bring you to your knees if you allow Him. If you allow Him is the catch phrase. He will not force Himself on you. You must seek His will. You must desire His company. You must want His communication with you. This is not unlike the very relations you have with your parents, your children, your spouse, and your friends.

I try to view my relationship with the Great I Am as a father to son, child to parent relationship. He has met me at that exact spot many, many times through the years.

Recently someone near and dear to me decided that they no longer need the benefit of my counsel or my permission to do something that I knew was not in their best interest. In any case I was flippantly told that I was not needed because they had grown beyond what I could do for them and they were mature enough to make their own decisions.

This hurt me. This hurt deeply. It hurt because it was a rejection. This hurt because I was no longer needed. This hurt because I was confronted with the realization that I no longer had the influence in their life that I previously held.

As the events of the day unfolded things did not go as they were planned. I was asked for the very help, wisdom and counsel earlier rejected. My reaction was anger. I was angry and hurt more deeply than before because now I felt as if I was being used. “Do it your way and come running to me when things aren’t going as planned.” Then when I found out that the counsel of others was being sought at the same time to solve the dilemma, it was too much.

It was at that point, at the time the lions were release into the den, at the time the oven door was slammed shut and the locking bar was slid into place, that God the Father made His presence known in the situation.

He explained to me that now ‘I’ fully understand how ‘He’ feels at times with me when I tell Him through what I think, say, and do, that I don’t need Him. “I can do it myself. I have grown past you.” He let me know how ‘He’ feels when ‘I’ go to the world for answers and not Him. He showed me that the very heartache I suffered is also suffered by Him. The same rejection I felt, I have also inflicted upon Him. I was reminded that He sent His son here to take on the cloak of humanity in order to fully experience everything His creations would experience. I knew He knew.

Gently but firmly he dealt with me. He did not pull any punches as He plowed forward and dealt with the way I reacted to the cry for help from the one who hurt me. “Is that how you want Me to act when you call out My name?”

Whoa! Hoooold on there, Auggie Boy! This is sobering stuff.

I stood before my Judge guilty, convicted of the very crime I was livid over. How many times had I done the same to my Father? Time after time I reject His ways. Time after time I run back to Him when I am in over my head. Driven to my knees in shame and remorse, He started the healing process in me. He forgave me. He has started once again the lessons I need to understand and apply in my life. I am forgiven. I need to forgive.

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly. O LORD of hosts, blessed is the man that trusteth in thee.” Psalm 84:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment