Thursday, September 17, 2009

Scattered Thoughts on Nate and Jen’s Wedding


As I sit looking out my window at the second day of rain, I realize how much of a blessing they received with the weather they had last weekend.

I enjoyed watching the building excitement displayed by all the people involved.

Coming home and finding the wedding party creating flowers in my kitchens was neat.

One-hundred plus cupcakes! Wow!

It was neat to watch the bonds growing between two people as they prepared a place to live and bought a vehicle.

To see Nate and Jen take charge and do it ‘their way’ was nice.

The family that gathered to help celebrate the event was exceptional. It is always a blessing to get everyone together and share our lives. We got to see some that we don’t see too often and we got to just sit and talk with those we do. Many new friends were made and new friendships have germinated.

I am glad that I got to read the Scripture from Solomon during the mass. It was scripture that I wasn’t too familiar with and this got me to look it up and spend time with it. I was also honored and blessed with sharing that duty with Don. What a thrill and blessing that was. It was nice that Nate had his father and God-father participate in his wedding.

Ann and I were able to reminisce about our own wedding held also at St. Margaret Mary Church thirty-four years ago. The memories of my own bride still fills me with joy as our love has only grown many time over through the years.

We got a picture of all our kids and their wives, ten people, all because two people fell in love.

Music at a wedding reception, from an iPod, priceless.

The look of their eyes. The look in their eyes. - Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment